Anytime I feel lazy, I refer to two people- Gary Vaynerchuk & Casey Neistat. I’ve mentioned Gary in many posts on this blog in the past but Casey not so much. You’d be living under a rock if you weren’t aware of who Film Maker and YouTube sensation, Casey Neistat is. With just over 7million subscribers on his YouTube Channel, Casey’s popularity continues to soar with each ten minute vlog he produces. While his videos keep his audience entertained and in awe, Casey Neistat is also a great speaker, story teller and living example of someone who truly has created his dream world through sheer passion, drive and hustle.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVOURITE QUOTES BY CASEY NEISTAT
- If you’re doing what everyone else is doing, you’re doing it wrong.
2. The technical process which is interesting in it’s own right but I think the creative process is what’s more intriguing to me.
3. Always ask yourself: “Am I living the life the I want?” Constantly evaluate where you are in life to make sure you are heading towards the direction you want.
4. Go to bed when you’ve finished work—not earlier.
5. Success is not a destination.
6. When you get bullied, success is the best revenge. Always remember: the kids who bully you are losers, and will remain losers.
7. You never ‘make’ it. There is no end goal in life so you should enjoy the journey.
8. Never get comfortable.
9. Don’t be a slave to praise.
10. Be nice to people. It’s not cool when people are unfriendly.
11. Challenge everything in life. Never accept the norm.
12. Don’t try to fit it—you will be unhappy when you try to be something you are not.
13. Inspiration is for amateurs, the rest of us just show up and work.
14. It’s not how much time you spend doing what you love. It’s how little time you spend doing what you hate.
15. Don’t worry about pursuing others, worry about getting others to pursue you.
16. Sometimes we need to let go of the old to make room for the new
17. Without a goal, you can’t score.
18. Retirement is what people do when they wait to die.
19. The best way to find something you love is by doing something you hate.
Which quote did you connect with the most?