Snapchat is on the rise and it’s social influencer pulling power is imminent. Gary Vaynerchuk predicted it, the Kardashians are now all over it and this social media platform is creating a new generation of influencers cultivating a following through 10 second videos, filters and unique ways of story telling. Now brands are jumping in on the bandwagon and using content creators such as Shonduras to reach Snapchat’s demographic and forking out well over $30,000 in advertising deals. Yes, it is now possible to make an actual living off Snapchat. Engaging with customers is becoming a unique competitive advantage and Snapchat has a very personal and precise way of connecting with consumers.
“Snapchat Is My Most Valuable Marketing Tool Right Now” Gary Vaynerchuk
April 2016 saw 10 billion video views daily, TEN BILLION!! That was up from 8 billion in February 2016 and has over 200 million people using it. Are you paying attention now? Snapchat is long gone as that nude selfie sharing app the kids were once using to court the apples of their eyes and the introduction of Snapchat Stories back in October saw the rise of many “Overnight Creative Sensations” such as Harris Markowitz, Founder of A Cereal Production, a company that literally focuses on Content Creation on Snapchat. Snapchat isn’t limited to typically popular genres such as travel and cool behind the scenes life styles of the rich and insta-famous, what is most impressive about Harris’s creativity is how he has marketed property on behalf of Zillow, an online real estate database in America. Talk about a creative genius!
However, having people find you on Snapchat isn’t easy as there isn’t an actual discovery page where people can find you so having a large profile on other media platforms such as Instagram, Vine, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are definitely advantages. Snapchat does offer large media powerhouses such as The Sun, BuzzFeed, Mashable, Refinery29, Vice and National Geographic to feature in their “Discover” platform. It’s a fascinating and new way to explore stories from different editorial teams to build a storytelling format that puts the narrative first.
An app called Yellow has emerged and operates on a Tinder-like system to make friends. Swipe left, you’ll never see the person again (Hooray), swipe right and you can begin communicating or instantly add each other on Snapchat (Hello) or communicate through the Yellow App. This App can certainly be used strategically given you’ve got the time to sift through a lot of people and add the ones you believe are your target market and will connect with your message.
If the idea of Snapchat is too “fake” for you, Casey Neistat has co-founded Beme, an app he says he built to cut out the act of manipulation through editing so users must simply share their videos on the spot. It’s quite simple to use and to find out how to use Beme, click here. (NOTE: BEME IS NOW SHUT DOWN)
Here are 8 Hacks on Snapchat You Need To Know Now!
- Want to know how to save a message? Simply hold the text down to save. No more confusions as to who said what last! Beware, the person you’re having the conversation with will also be able to see you’ve saved the message.
- Want to use more than one filter? All you need to do is hold the screen down with one finger and swipe for your next filter.
- How to use black font/colour? Type your text, click on the text and you’ll notice the colour palette come up on the right, place your finger on the colour palette and slide your finger down to the opposite bottom left corner. The same applies if you want white text, just slide your finger to the opposite top left corner.
- Use a coloured filter? Find an emoji in the colour you want to use as an overlay on your snap, then expand the emoji until it fills the screen.
- How do you make an emoji move around in your video? Create a video, select your emoji under the “T” button , press and hold on the emoji in the video and move it to an object or spot.
- One-handed zoom while recording a video? Just drag up from the capture button with the same finger used to initiate the video capture.
- How to switch from front and rear-facing camera while shooting? Double tap the screen as you’re recording and it will switch screens.
- Want to know if someone is following you back? If you can see their Snapchat score under their profile, they are following you.
** Hacks are in line with Snapchat’s latest version 184.108.40.206
Have you got any Snapchat hacks you’d like to share? Or a secret way of gaining followers? Who are some of your favourite Snapchat personalities? How do you use Snapchat to market your product or brand?
Don’t forget to add me on Snapchat
(Scan the Snapcode or click on this Snapcode if you’re on a mobile device)